Celebrating a Virtuous Wife! We are on a Mission Together

Posted: March 8, 2012 in Christianity, Family Happenings, Journey, Missions, Reflections & Musings
Tags: , , , , ,

Our Celebratory Meal

I noticed that I have received more comments and likes on my Facebook page about the picture (upper right) I posted a from our anniversary dinner than I every have. My friends are definitely interested in what is going on with my family.

On this blog I mostly focus on our ministry, but I realize that we would not have a ministry if it was not for Dawn. So today I will write in celebration of our marriage, our relationship and the wonderful job she has done in our home.

On Monday, March 5th Dawn and I celebrated 23 years of marital bliss. Well, it hasn’t all been bliss, but it has been good. I’d be lying if I said that we’ve had the ideal marriage. Dawn and I are both strong, and we’ve fought more than I would have liked. Yet the Lord has used even our missteps. We have grown and matured as we have walked on the this journey of life, faith and mission.

I thank the Lord for my wife. I realize the success and blessings we have had are in large part due to her. Our three children all love Jesus, and have turned out well. While this is a team effort, I realize the lion’s share of the work has fallen on Dawn.

We home schooled our kids, and although I’m not sure we knew what we were doing they have excelled as they’ve advanced to college. Over the last 10 years I have traveled a lot for our ministry, and Dawn has faithfully loved and cared for our now grown children.

Dawn is more sensitive than I am to the Spirit’s leading. She has kept me from making some poor decisions. I haven’t always listened to her, but I am usually thankful when I have.

Celebrating 23 years

Celebrating 23 years!

So here’s to my wife, Dawn. I praise the Lord that He has given us the privilege to serve Him together. She stood by me in Mexico while we ministered there. Even while I was kidnapped, and held up at gunpoint she didn’t give up. When a friend heard that we were going to be serving on the border after our experiences in Mexico City they said, “Either Dave is crazy, or he loves Jesus.” I’m hoping it’s the latter, but even in our latest endeavor Dawn is all in.

Thank you, Jesus for loving me enough to give me a good and godly wife!

In His Grip, Dave

DiasoLifeontheBorder.org

Comments
  1. S says:

this is a beautiful post and tribute to Dawn, Dave.=) Thanks for sharing it out loud. Lovely. =)

2. terry1954 says:

you have a wonderful wife and family

3. Bob and Linda Morgan says:

Dear Dave and Dawn,

Congratulations on your 23rd anniversary!! May our Lord bless this special time and the many years ahead. We are honored and priviledged to receive your ministry e-mails and do keep you in our prayers.

In Him — Bob and Linda

4. Congratualtions on 23 years of marriage. We are working on 21 years. I, like you, am thankful to have a godly, missions-minded, wife.

5. Naphtali says:

I know you guys are busy celebrating so I have an addition to that celebration! I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award of blogging! Please go to my link below to receive your award!

• Thanks – I’m not sure what the Sunshine Award is, but it sounds like a good positive thing. Thanks so much for your encouragement, and I part for the Lord’s rich blessing in your life!
      Thanks, Dave

• Naphtali says:

Awards are given from one blogger to another. It is to show our appreciation to our peers who have made a positive difference in our lives with their blog posts. It is a great way to get to know new bloggers and expose especially for those of us in the Christian arena more traffic for Jesus!

• Sounds good! I appreciate it.

6. God bless you and your wife!! Praise God for marriages that are examples, by the grace of God.

7. Congratulations and God bless you and Dawn on your 23rd wedding anniversary!

8. BigSkyKen says:

I can surely relate to your commentary in this post, and it is truly a blessing to have a godly wife. Best wishes to you both, and you will be in my prayers as you continue your ministry together.

9. Hi Dave! Congratulations and happy 23rd wedding anniversary. Just want to say thanks for liking a post of mine at Pondered Thoughts. I am glad you did because you gave me the opportunity to visit your blog.

What a wonderful work you are doing to reach out. God bless you and your family!