ESL training starts in two weeks, March 23-24. We are stoked about launching this outreach with Harbor Mid City. Ray Call and I met with our good friend from Harbor, Edgardo Avila a couple of days ago. Edgardo is very positive about the training. He spoke highly of Ray, as Ray is doing most of work to organize the training. It’s thrilling to see God work, and open up doors for us here on the border!
Yesterday, Ray and I met with Jim DeWitt for a team meeting. All of us are super encouraged by this opportunity the Lord has given us. We believe prayer is key to the event, and the ensuing classes that will start-up on Friday, April 13. Please do join us in praying that all the loose ends come together.
Here’s some specific prayer requests:
We need 1 administrator, and ideally 6 teachers for the training and classes. Right now we have at least 4 teachers, and some other people who have expressed interest!
- Ray as he organizes the training on March 23-24, and prepares for the launch of the classes.
- Ray’s health – he’s been having some health issues for more than a month. Pray for healing and wholeness.
- Kristy Holliday will be leading the ESL training.
- That the Lord will bring a good group to come learn English starting on April 13.
- We pray that the course will serve the people who come by improving their English skills. We are also praying that many will come to know Christ through this outreach.
- Unity for the team as they prepare, and the classes start-up.
- Tomorrow, March 11, I’ll be preaching at Calvary Presbyterian in Glendale, California.
Thanks for standing with us in prayer!
In His Grip, Dave