On my last post, Lord, Build Our Team I shared about our time in Atlanta meeting new people who have an interest in missions. Dawn and I are trying to encourage them to take a look at the border ministry. Obviously, the Lord is the one that has to work in their hearts to call them. Yet we must play our part. We our beating the drum and calling out so that people will be aware of the tremendous needs we have on the San Diego – Tijuana border.
We believe the Lord will raise up workers to join us and serve with us. The hard part is waiting, and I know that it’s dangerous to pray for patience. 🙂 I will stick to praying for more laborers.
This morning during our staff meeting with our friends from Harbor and Campus Outreach I shared about our trip, and our attempt to mobilize new workers to join us. I admitted that I felt some pressure to do a good job in describing the crying need here. I definitely still need the gospel in my life each day.
One of our friends at the meeting, Mark, asked, “What are the needs you have? What type of people are you recruiting?” That was a marvelous question. It made me think about who we need, so that we will be a more effective productive team.
It made me think, “I need to get the word out about what we are looking for. This will enable people to pray for us, and it could even help stir up some interest.”
So here I am late at night, writing on my blog. I do want to list here the type of needs we have. Please do pray with and for the Lord to hear our cry for workers. After all, he did command to pray for more laborers in Matthew 9:37 & 38,
“Then he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers in his harvest.”
Our needs for the San Diego – Tijuana border:
- Church planters and church planting facilitator – Both Mexicans or Latinos and Americans
- People with a heart for and gifted in evangelism and disciple making
- Someone to coordinate community development/mercy ministries:
- Facilitate and teach English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Homeless, orphans, sex-trafficking
- Medical Missions
- Coordinate short-term mission teams
- Business as Mission (BAM) initiatives – businesses to support pastors and help the community.
- Administrative gifts
- An Intern coordinator – someone to minister to, recruit for and direct our internship program
I hope that gives you a better idea of what our needs are, and how you can pray for us. “O Lord, Build Our Team!”
In His Grip, Dave