Goodbye to Our Faithful, Little Friend

Posted: April 24, 2013 in Christianity, Family Happenings, Ministry, Prayer, Reflections & Musings
Tags: , , ,
Princess celebrating Christmas with us

Princess celebrating Christmas with us

On Sunday evening we received a phone call that our little dog, Princess passed away. Dawn and I have been traveling, so Princess was with some friends. We felt doubly bad that we weren’t there when she passed away, and that this fell on our friends.

I wasn’t sure whether I should post this or not. My blog is mainly to highlight our ministry on the border. Then I thought, well, I notice that people are very interested in our family, and Princess was like part of the family. For those of you that aren’t dog lovers, please accept my apologies!

Princess was about 14 years old, and she was experiencing more aches and pains. It’s good that she doesn’t have to suffer any longer.

She was a very loving little toy poodle. She enjoyed cuddling with us.

One of the things that I will miss about her is that in the morning when I read the news and had my devotions she sat with me. It was a good way to start off my day. She also was a good companion when I watched TV. Our little Princess fit the bill for the saying, “man’s best friend.”

Daisy and Princess - (Daisy is on top of the couch, and Princess is in the background)

Daisy and Princess – (Daisy is on top of the couch, and Princess is in the background)

In God’s grace he’s provided another toy poodle, Daisy. Daisy came into our family in January. She loves to do all the things Princess did, but she has more energy. Every time I head out the door she assumes it is to take her for a ride in the car, or for a walk.

Well, Dawn and I just said good-bye to two of our children, Jonathan and Hannah last night. It never gets easy.

We are about ready to board a plane and head off to Orlando to mobilize workers for our ministry on the border. Please join us in prayer that it will be a fruitful and productive trip.

In His Grip, Dave

DiasoLifeOnTheBorder.org

Comments
  1. loopyloo305 says:

They are part of your family and it is hard to lose them, so sorry for your loss. God bless you!

2. Dianne Barlowe says:

So sorry, Dave and Dawn. Praying for you!

3. Debbie says:

Praying for you as you head to Orlando .. .and also for comfort and peace over the loss of Princess. To us, our pets are blessings from Him . .they make our life a little sweeter. God bless you!

4. I am glad you shared. Our pets are part of the family. My hamster, Hank, is part of me now. He appears on my blog every now and then!

5. Doug Bozung says:

So sorry for the loss of your pet, I can imagine how hard it must have been and is…. Alicia
    Blessings on your ministry,

• Thanks for your concern. Hope things are going well for you in PA. Dawn and I were visiting Colorado Springs this last week. Two our our kids are still there. I think you still have family in Colorado as well.

6. oneintercessor says:

So sorry for your loss :(. I hope your trip goes well!

7. LovedOne says:

Sorry for you loss. Pets are part of the family and we need to allow ourselves to grieve… thanks for sharing something so important. Blessings